Friday, September 4, 2009

NEW ARRIVAL

On Monday morning at around 2am the Wife woke me to say it was time to head to the hospital. After many hours we were able to meet our new son Caleb Heath. He was born Aug 31 at 12:25 PM. He was the most gorgeous thing I'd ever seen. Even now when his eyes are open and looking at me I get lost and forget all else. After a 2 day stay at the hospital we were allowed to bring our little man home. (by the way, if any of you are in Durham, I highly recommend having a child @ Durham Regional Hospital. The staff was amazing and they made us feel so comfortable and gave amazing support). We have now been home for 2 days. And have just returned from our first doctor visit. Caleb is in good health and only one ounce away from returning to birth weight, which is amazing. Our sleeping hasn't been totally out of whack (or at least I don't feel that way.) We'll see when I return to work next week exactly how true that statement is. But so far so good. And if you haven't seen enough pictures here's a few more.



Such huge feet. Maybe he'll be taller than mom and dad. We can only hope!


1 comment:

Kristina said...

Jed, Caleb is so beautiful! I am so happy for Melanie and you! I can't wait to meet him.