Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The end of an era

Well it's official. As of waking up this morning, I have left the so called youth behind to start life as (dare I say it) a real adult. That's correct. Today I turn thirty. I know all our lives we think of this day as looming. But just like every other birthday I still feel like me. There's no enlightenment ( other than now DR visits could actually be meaningful and useful preventative measures, scary). Of course I still have a gorgeous twenty something year old wife. That will help me stay young, even if it's only at heart. The worst part I think about this age thing is I used to almost demand to not work on my birthday. And that is no longer the case as I have to go in today. But the Wife and I celebrated last night, so I'm kinda ok with it.

Instead of going out we stayed in and cooked. I went out to a local wine store (which is new and a buddy owns) called Hope Valley Bottle Shop. If you get a chance stop in. I there picked up a nice Italian White and a Spanish Red because at this point I didn't know what I was cooking for dinner. After I got home, the Wife and I went grocery shopping. When we got home I started on dinner and the Wife started making me a pecan pie for dessert as a special birthday present. (Those of you who know me know this is the only pie I like or for that matter I LOVE them). For dinner we had Basil and Cinnamon marinated Chicken Breast over Brussel Sprouts, Parsnips, and Pecans with a Garlic and Thyme Reduction Sauce and a Petite Herb Salad. We drank the Italian white with the meal. It was delicious.

I do have to brag on the gifts the Wife gave me other than baking the pie. One was a few gift certificates to have a massage whenever I pleased. Another was a T-shirt with a saying from the TV show Arrested Development ( which if you've seen it you know how good it is) and the last and most fun is a Visa gift card which I can use to play golf. And it is specifically for that she said. I love my Wife and the thought she put into these gifts. I think I'm at the best point in my life and happy that she is the one making the rest of the journey with me. I love you Babe.

5 comments:

Melanie Busbee said...

Wow! You have gotten so much sweeter since entering your 30's. I love you too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And yes folks, I did let Jed cook dinner for us on his birthday. It wouldn't be much of a celebration if he had eaten one of my meals.

Jeni said...

Sounds like an awesome 30th birthday! We've got a little something for you to celebrate. We should get together when you have time!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday dude.....

Maria said...

Happy birthday Jed!!
your MIL

debusbee@bellsouth.net said...

Well sound like you have a promising life before you. I couldn't be more pleased with your wife and your life. Happy birthday Son, your my only one of those. I hope you'll hit a few golf balls soon to make the thirys complete. Love to you....and yours.