Monday, December 15, 2008

The Game

So I know this is a little late but I had promised a good friend I would.

It was the day after Thanksgiving and all through my house I was thoroughly exited. I donned as much maroon and white as I could get on. And yes it was obnoxious. The reason you ask? Well if you know me at all you know why. It was Miss St. vs Ole Miss. THE GAME of the year. Records don't matter at this game. It's anybody's game. Or so I thought. I was unable to watch the game for two reasons. 1) I was at work and the game was going on during lunch time. 2) the game is not as popular here in the TarHeel state. (And the ACC for some reason doesn't particularly like the SEC - go figure). So my good buddy Sam, and an Ole Miss Grad/Fan [I do forgive him for this lapse in judgement often], had agreed to text me results as they happened.

We had talked earlier in the week about the game. I had expressed my concerns based on our season to this point and Sam expressed his based on the fact that this is a rivalry game and anything could happen. I assured him that he would be pleased with the outcome.

Well about 20 min or so after game time I hadn't heard from Sam. This gave me some pleasure as I thought he's to embarassed to text me. WRONG. I should have been to embarrased to ask. As of the end of the 1st quarter it was clear this was to be a lopsided game. And it was. I was humbled to say the least. My boys in Maroon didn't even make it respectable.

But as anygood fan always says about now. So how's your Baskeetball team shaping up?? Yeah we'll get a new football coach and see what lies in store for next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you got a great footbal coach. Dan Mullen from Florida. He was their Offensive Coordinator and QB coach. He has done great things at UF, but he has never been a head coach. We will see what happens.

As for the game. Yes, I was nervous. I had no idea what was going to happen, but, I was very pleased with the outcome. Ole Miss had set two records during that game. 1.) Ole Miss had sacked MSU a total of 11 times for a loss of 97 yeards. 2.) Ole Miss held the bulldogs to a record low of minus 51 yards rushing. Thats almost unheard of.

It was such an embarassing loss that Croom resigned even though there was no pressure at all for him to be fired. But, his resignation will turn into something good for the bulldogs, it already has with the hiring of Mullen.

In the end, Ole Miss proved they were the better team this year with the final score of 45-0 against MSU. We could not be happier that we have Nutt as our head coach and we hope he sticks around for a while.

Now, its off to the Cotton Bowl to face Texas Tech.

GO REBELS!!!

Melanie Busbee said...

I am looking forward to the basketball season as well!

Anonymous said...

I guess we took care of business in the Cotton Bowl. I bet those Ark fans are feeling a little stupid right now.