Monday, October 27, 2008

Beautiful Rocky Top

Two weekends ago I made a trip to Knoxville, TN to watch what I'd hoped to be a good football game, MSU vs UT. As it turned out it wasn't. UT made a mockery out of all that we did on the field that day. It had been about 8 or so years since I had been to watch MSU play. I was excited for the fact that both teams were struggling and had an unattractive record. This is what gave me what turned out to be false hope for an evenly matched good game. I won't rehash the game since by now it's old news.

On the brighter side the guys I went to the game with and I were able to play golf at one of Knoxville's finer courses. It offered great golf with tremendous mountain views. I will say that up until this point I'd only driven through Knoxville on I-40 in route to other places. From 40, Knoxville is an obnoxiously orange place that I'd never wanted to spend any time. After my most recent, trip my mind has changed. Once you get off of 40 and around the outskirts of the city it's not so bad. (Downtown is disgustingly orange though). And the people are very nice. Except for the handicap of wearing orange a lot, they were great people.







2 comments:

debusbee@bellsouth.net said...

Great sunburst on the golf course. I wish I was there. I am not a golfer is reality, but maybe someday...love you

Anonymous said...

There is a BIG game coming up this Friday!