Monday, October 13, 2008

MMMMMM ........... Pork

If you are a follower of the Wife's blog you'll recall that 2 weeks ago we went to a wine tasting at my restaurant. While we were there we tasted a wine called The Oratoire St Martin Cairanne ’06 Rhone. While tasting this wine I had an instantaneous light go off in my head as to what special I would run to match the flavors in this wine. Pork. I had done a dish a few years back that just came rushing to the forefront of my mind.

Braised Pork Shank
Three Cheese Mac n' Cheese, Collard Greens
JalapeƱo Coca-Cola Reduction







This dish is so upscale Southern it's ridiculous. My boss at first said it wouldn't sell that much, but I ran out of it sometime late Saturday and didn't have any for Sunday. And let me just tell you it's soooo good!! You need some type of bread to clean the plate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good looking, I can only imagine how tasty it is. My next visit should coenside with the "MMM...Pork" on the menu for a night out. I'm looking forward to that.

Melanie Busbee said...

If you have any extra at the restaurant, please bring some home to your wife.